17 January 2010

Roman Dino Might


From Dinosaur Heresies ... "like biological ancient romans, [ornate dinosaurs] had supposedly lost control of their adaptive sense and hastened to their doom amid orgies of useless ornamentation."

Oslo from DH "[Coal Age] larval amphibians are fossils of unexcelled loveliness." Beautiful eh? Those may not be from the coal age though - tough to find, just ask Robert Bakker.

From Suetonius' biography of Vespasian "a stray dog picked up a human hand at the cross-roads, which it brought into the room where Vespasian was breakfasting and dropped under the table"

How do they compare? I think the answer is very well. Romans and Dinosaurs both liked sex with the well decorated and were often losing body parts.
(s)


*Oh man I was just fooled by an onion headline. What's happening to me?
*My antibiotics are killing me.
*(copy and paste) http://www.salon.com/tech/machinist/blog/2008/09/12/white_roofs/

1 comment: